Research on Research registry and community hub
Research on Research (RoR), also referred to as meta-research or science of science, is the study of research practice. It is at the heart of generating research evidence driving development and improvement of research.
The rapid growth of Research on Research evidence is highlighting the need for funders and research organisations to work in collaboration and increase sharing and comparability of evidence, ultimately leading to better use and re-use of research.
In response to this need, we designed the RoR study registry and community hub. The registry was established to bring together national and international RoR communities and strengthen the contribution of this growing discipline.
We aim to build and connect international communities to enhance research through research and foster research excellence in this field.
The Research on Research registry and community hub will:
- allow and encourage researchers and others undertaking Research on Research to collaborate and share their work, improve research practices, enhance the quality of research and ensure research is designed, conducted and disseminated efficiently.
- enable researchers, funding organisations, academic institutions, charities, industry and the public to come together and build evidence that ensures continuous improvement of high quality and transparent research.
- create opportunities for collaborations on an international level leading to advancements in Research on Research science and knowledge mobilisation of research evidence.
Click here for audio descriptive version of the video.
Research on Research understands that scientific research findings are too important to be hidden behind paywalls, granting access to few individuals who can afford payment. Our research registry hub is therefore freely accessible to everyone around the world with no content residing behind paywalls.
Only logged in users can submit a study or post topics to the discussion forum.
“Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.”Henry Ford
By building an RoR community, we aim to:
- Promote collaboration
- Avoid duplication of research
- Increase comparability and uptake of new evidence.
Who the community represents
We are researchers and research managers of wide ranging backgrounds and disciplines, interested in all things RoR. We want to openly share and collaborate on projects that explore, evaluate and enhance how research is conducted globally.
What you get in return
Connect with like-minded experts interested in learning about and sharing RoR-related activity and in doing so:
- Strengthen your research and its impact
- Create opportunities for collaboration and widen the reach of your research
- Discover research opportunities
How to join us
Sign up to our community to receive full access to the forums, all registered studies, and to register your study.
Register and share your ideas, research experience and expertise.
Collaborations and support
TrialForge promotes a systematic approach to making trials more efficient by looking across all processes and adding up small gains in design and delivery, improving the trial system as a whole.
The Ensuring Value in Research Funders’ Forum (EViR) offers an international community of shared practice and facilitated learning to increase the value of health-related research.
The Core Outcome Measures in Effectiveness Trials Initiative (COMET) develops agreed standardised outcomes sets that should be measured and reported as a minimum in all clinical trials in specific areas of health or health care.
Sign up to our community to receive full access to the forums, all registered studies, and to register your own study.